In 1839, José Antonio de la Guerra, a son of Jose de la Guerra y Noriega received the Rancho Los Alamos Mexican land grant. The hills above Rancho Los Alamos served as a hideout for bandito, Salomon Pico, whose escapades were popularized by the character "Zorro." During the U.S.'s centennial year of 1876, Thomas Bell along with his nephew John S. Bell, and Dr. James B. Shaw (all from San Francisco), purchased acreage from Rancho Los Alamos and neighboring Rancho La Laguna. Both families allocated a half square mile from each of their new ranches to create the Los Alamos town site.
"The town of Los Alamos was founded in 1876, when the stagecoach line was rerouted through the area and two local ranchers realized an opportunity. Four years later, local Wells Fargo agent J.D. Snyder built the 1880 Union, a stagecoach home station complete with store and lodging. It burned down on February 16, 1893, but was rebuilt in 1915 by J.P. Loustalot as a hotel and saloon, and has operated as such since then. In 1972, then owner Dick Langdon restored the Union to its original condition, hiring an expert cabinetmaker to meticulously rebuild a replica of its 1880 façade." Taken from the 1880 Union Hotel website.
These premium quality, hand signed and numbered archival limited edition prints all begin with a pen and ink drawing and are unframed.